Thursday, August 28, 2008

U-Pick Love

So, google has scrambled the order of my pictures.  And I am feeling lazy.  So, you're going to have to deal with a slightly confusing picture montage.  And blogger has decided that we're going to talk about canning first.

Peeling peaches and slicing them in half and shoving them into jars.  (We blanched them first to make peeling them incredibly easy).
Blanching peaches and heating the empty jars so they stay clean.  (No botulism in these peaches!)
Pouring syrup into the jars to fill up the cracks.
Seven quarts ready to be lowered into the boiling water and sealed.
Picking monster blackberries.
Heading to the corn.
Picking corn.  (Boy, my explanations sure are helpful. . .)
Our harvest.
Picking peaches.
Grace being super-strong.

Grace and her blueberries.
The king of blackberries.

Anyway, as you can tell by the pictures, we had a great time.  it was so much fun to go out and pick all that luscious fruit.  (And can it).  While we were canning, Megan mentioned that the jars of peaches looked like August, bottled, and I have to agree with her.  When we open them in February, it will remind us that it will get sunny again.  Eventually.  

1 comment:

Megan said...

I can't NOT pose. It's like a tic. There are pictures of me as a five year old doing the SAME poses. I am cheese to the core. Also that blackberry looks HUGE in Grace's hand!